Friday 28 September 2012

Fill In The Blanks Friday

It's Friday again already, and I haven't blogged all week!! But in my defence, I haven't really had a chance to get any knitting done so there wouldn't be much to blog about. I have started on a blanket for Ivy but I haven't even blogged about the one I knitted Beau yet so I can't be telling you about Ivy's one! This is a sneak peak of the one I did for Beau though...
The fruit of 6 months of work, this blanket pretty much taught me how to knit
I can't wait to blog about the blanket properly but it really deserves a good chunk of my time and I need to edit the photos to go with it, so it will have to wait a little longer.

Anyway, here are my blanks for this week. As usual, please join in for yourself over at Lauren's blog, The Little Things We Do



1.  My first memory is   from when I lived in Australia when I was two years old. I remember sitting on my parents' bedroom floor watching "Neighbours". I have other memories from Australia, including the time my older brother Nick fell off the curb outside our house and split his head open, and how Nick and Becs would go over to the little lake opposite our house and get leaches stuck to their legs. The random things I remember eh!

2.  My first love was  my first boyfriend I suppose. To think of him that way is weird, because it ended pretty badly, but I did love him in the beginning. I can't deny him that. 

3.  My very first favourite colour was  pink, I think. I only say that because when I was about 5, we moved house and my Dad said I could choose what colours he painted my room. I chose baby pink for the walls, and this weird, light forest green for the woodwork...what was I thinking? 

4. The first time I really felt like a "grown-up" was when    I looked over from my hospital bed at this beautiful little baby staring up at me from his perspex cot, and I realised that he was solely dependent on me, and I was over the moon about it. I finally understood so much more about things my mum and Dad had said to me over the years, and how the love you have for your children is enough to break your heart.

5. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is  usually hope that Beau will go back to sleep for a few minutes, then resign myself to the fact that he won't :o) So I get up, go into his room, pick him up and give him a great big cuddle. It's a pretty amazing start to any day, I'll be honest. 

6. The first CD (cassette tape, record, etc...) I ever bought was   Haha cringe! It was the Mysterious Girl single by Peter Andre. Did I really just admit to that?


7.  My first car was a Fiat Cinquecento Sporting 1.1, in black! My first boyfriend was a Fiat enthusiast and he had talked me into it being an ideal first car for me. It did me OK to be honest, but it was like a biscuit tin on wheels. I used to feel sure that if I had a crash with a cyclist, the cyclist would come off better.

I'm going to try and blog about THE BLANKET over the weekend, I just hope I can find time!

Knit on, Knitters

x

No comments:

Post a Comment