Anyway, here are this week's blanks, from Lauren. Go take part yourself if you fancy...
1. One thing I plan on doing to relax this weekend is sleep, that's the only time I'll have for relaxing this weekend because the rest of the weekend will be spent decorating our new house!! Did I mention that I'm excited about this?! We're painting the living room, dining room and Beau's bedroom, all in a light silvery grey colour, similar to this
2. A big pet peeve of mine is when people criticise the choices I make as a mother, or try and tell me how I should do things when it comes to Beau. My mum has made this mistake a few times and I'm always quick to tell her that I don't need to do everything her way, and if I'm wrong then that's my decision too. There are so many books out there which tell you how to raise your children, and I wish I could just burn them all. You should bring up your children the way you think is best, all the while you're doing them no harm. If I let Beau stay up until 8:30 because he isn't tired, instead of sending him to bed at 7:30 because that's "bed time" then so be it. Live and let live.
3. I am really loving chevron print at the moment. I want to do all the soft furnishings in my house with it, but it's so hard to come by in the UK. The only place I can get it is from US sellers on Etsy, and by the time I've paid the shipping, it's just too expensive to justify. Hopefully the UK will catch on to the chevron trend soon and we'll be inundated with beautiful things here too
|These beauties are from Designer Pillow Shop on Etsy|
4. The rain is not bothering me too much. I kind of like being tucked up indoors in the dry and watching the rain outside. There's something very cosy and comforting about it.
5. My favourite girly indulgence is nail polish. Like Lauren, I don't have time to wear it very often these days but when I do, I feel so much prettier and more presentable.
6. A song I always get stuck in my head is Gangam Style. If you haven't heard it, then lucky you. It is the most irritating pop song, from Korea, and the babies are obsessed with it. Every time they hear it they get so excited and start dancing, which is super cute but god that song is annoying!!
7. The best cure for stress is a jolly good cry. I think that us humans are too afraid to cry sometimes and try to just bottle things up, but crying is such a release. Next time you're feeling stressed, just let go and have a good sob. You might have a little head ache but you'll feel much less stressed.
I hope you all have a great weekend. Sorry for the lack of knitting related posts but what with moving I just haven't had time to knit too much lately. Once we're in a and settled, I'll be right back on it.
Knit on, knitters