Monday 8 October 2012

Dad and Pat's 7 Year Anniversary Cloth




This week I've been working on a little anniversary gift for Dad to give to his wife Pat, for their 7 year anniversary, which is apparently the year of wool. He asked me to come up with a design which is personal to them and includes the date of their anniversary, and this is what I designed:



I used a really cheap, basic chunky wool from my local Hobby Craft. It was Highfields Chunky, in navy and cream, then some grey chunky which I had left over from another project. I used size 5.5mm needles, and really they were too small. I should have used 7mm but seeing as the cloth will probably get framed, it's kind of good that the fabric is nice and stiff. This is how is turned out in the end:



What do you think? If you would like me to design a personalised cloth for you then please get in touch via the comment section.

Knit on, knitters

X



No comments:

Post a Comment