Lauren, who usually does the Fill In The Blank Friday feature, has a poorly baby and hasn't been able to do the blanks this week, so, since I have a little time on my hands, I thought I would give it a go myself. Since I'm here in the UK, and Lauren is in the US, I thought I'd go with a Europe vs. US theme...here goes!
|Here is my son Beau in his I heart NY t-shirt that a friend bought him when I was pregnant|
2. My favourite place I have visited (or would like to visit) in Europe is The Greek Islands. What I love most about it is the quaint charm of these beautiful islands, and the crystal clear waters which look more like the Caribbean than Europe. I have actually never visited, despite the fact that they're only a 4 hour flight from home, but it's been on my "to do" list for a number of years. Just look at this beautiful beach on the island of Paxos
|Thanelli Beach, Paxos|
4. My favourite movie (location wise) set in Europe is Only You, starring Robert Downey Junior, Marisa Tomei and Bonnie Hunt. Because it is set in Italy, specifically Rome, Venice and Positano. All three are cities which I would just love to visit. In the movie, they drive from Venice to Rome, through the Italian countryside, and you can't help but fall in love with the romantic, rustic beauty of the place.
5. My favourite band/musician from the US is currently Darwin Deez. They're from New York City and yet I don't think they're nearly as well know over there as they are here. They are a total hipster band, but I think they're pretty cool. I've seen them live four times so far, and I've just booked tickets to two more shows when they tour here again next February! You might say I'm turning into a bit of a groupie!
6. My favourite band/musician from Europe is currently Amy Winehouse. I think she produced some of the most beautiful music of our time in her short life, and I was so saddened when she died. If you haven't heard her Lioness album which was released after her death, then you should Go and download it right now, it's wonderful.
7. I love where I live in Kent, UK because we are an hour's car/train journey from London, or the coast, and being a lover of both the city, the beach and the countryside, this is perfect for me. London is my second favourite place on earth (after NYC) and I can hop on a train there, enjoy the sights and sounds of it for a while then I can be back in the beautiful countryside of Kent in under and hour. If you haven't been here before, I thoroughly recommend a visit, I love where I live!
I hope you liked my blanks, and please join in over at The Little Things We Do each Friday for the original and the best version from Lauren!
Hope you have a great weekend
Add your link below!